January 12, 2010

[PARENTING]: Reading

Why is it that all of my favorite magazines have folded? First domino, now cookie...

The publisher's sent me a note informing me that the remainder of my subscription would be fulfilled by Glamour. Who in the world thinks that a person who reads domino and cookie would have any interest in Glamour. Have they not studied their demographics?

Anyway, I digress from my real intention with this post. The last issue of cookie featured a kid's library designed by Kelly Wearstler for her two boys. The minute I saw it, I knew I wanted my son to have one. Not only had his pile of books become unruly, but I wanted to further encourage his already strong love of reading.


photo courtesy Cookie Magazine


So I turned a junk cupboard in my son's room into his new little paradise. The project took my husband and I one and a half days to complete over the Holiday break (including demo, painting and installation).

BEFORE:
AFTER:

The first words out of my son's mouth when he saw his new room, were "WOW, WOW!"


Would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment.

P.s. now I just have to figure out what to do with all the junk that I used to store in the cupboard... but that's another story.

9 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW.
    Love Jagger's smile.

    (Kelly Wearstler has 2 boys???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isadora,

    you're a master decorator/ designer. I am so impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing Isadora!- can you visit when I move? I need someone like you! - what talent you have!x pols

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the final results! You did an amazing job! I saw that exact same article and felt inspired to do the same for Elle when we get a home we can customize. You have further inspired me! What is next on the Isadora remodel/redo list? I love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, this made me smile... first, I too got the Glamour subscription - what a joke. I feel like I am receiving junk mail. And two, I had this photo of Kelly's library filed away as something I want to do for my 11 month old son. Congrats on getting it done and thanks for inspiring me to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful! can i ask what kind of shelves you used so the books don't fall off?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used off the shelf picture ledge shelves from Ikea. They have a good lip to hold the books in place. Much cheaper than the custom shelves Kelly Wearstler has :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that photo of your son is super cute, great idea for the closet - wow - what a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails