February 20, 2010

What to Wear: Spring

Here in sunny Los Angeles Spring is definitely in the air. The flowers are starting to bloom and the days are getting longer. While I welcome the new season with open arms I have been under the weather this last week thanks to the temperature going from cool to warm and back again, but I digress.

Spring is the time for Spring cleaning, but it is also time to bring out our warmer weather clothes. In my case I keep them boxed up under the bed, but for my son, what fit him last Spring wouldn't fit him this year because like all children he is growing like a weed. So I've been looking at kid's clothes and thought I would come up with some seasonally appropriate ideas for what to wear for a Spring photo shoots in Los Angeles, or anywhere else for that matter.

Clients often ask me for ideas, so here are a few. While, I don't like to use a lot of pattern, there are ways to make it work, and of course texture and color go a long way to adding interest and depth.

Easter Party


Easy Breezy

Fresh n' Sunny

The key to the various looks is keeping the color palette (or as they like to say on Project Runway the "color story") similar and complimentary, so siblings don't have to dress identically, but their clothes relate back to each other. Same rules apply for grown ups. So whether you having professional photographs taken, or are taking pictures yourself, having clothes work together creates a more cohesive image.

All clothes featured are from the Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree, Target and the Children's Place, available nationwide or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails