November 10, 2009

Inspiration: New York City

I just came back from a short trip to Manhattan. Since becoming a mother travel has been less frequent than it was in the past. I nearly canceled my trip at the last minute as I looked into my son's eyes and knew I was going to miss him terribly. In the end, I'm glad I went as I was able to reconnect with old friends and my favorite city in the world, New York City.

People often ask me why THOMPSON and SPRING Photography. Well, here is the answer to the question:


It's a junction. It's where I lived in NYC and a place from which I draw energy and inspiration. It's in Soho, but the quiet part of Soho with the neighborhood cafes and the cobbled streets. It captures a lot about what I appreciate aesthetically; it's pretty yet urban, it's sophisticated yet rough around the edges, it's modern yet old. I don't like things to be too perfect, but this is perfect in it's imperfections.

While in New York, I walked miles... literally and while I love our life in Los Angeles I do miss the walking. You see more when you walk and because of the time of year, I got to enjoy the beginnings of Fall foliage.


This is what inspires me. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails