November 20, 2009

About Town: SPORT

photo by Neil Leifer

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm not a huge sports person, whether it's about watching sports or doing sports myself it's just something I'm not that really into. I'm by no means a girly girl, just not that into sports. That said, I appreciate what it takes to be an athlete and I obviously love great images. The two have combined beautifully for a show at the Annenberg Space for Photography, for their newly opened show SPORT featuring the work of two of the greatest sports photographers of our time, Neil Leifer and Walter Iooss. If you live in Los Angeles, make time to see this show. It's inspiring. It shows the power that images can have in capturing timeless moments.

photo by Neil Leifer

photo by Walter Iooss

I was lucky enough to score a invitation to the opening reception filled with celebrities and sports legends. My husband and I made an evening of it, enjoying the powerful and iconic images on display, then heading over to Craft for a rare grown up dinner out.

photo by Walter Iooss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails