October 28, 2009

What to Wear? Girls

As a family photographer I am often asked for suggestions on what clients should wear for a shoot. I provide a tip sheet with recommendations, such as avoiding strong patterns and logos. That said, it doesn't mean that clothing should be boring.

As they say, pictures speak louder than words, so over the next few months I'm going to start putting together mini look books to serve as a jumping point. These are just ideas from which to take inspiration. I'm starting with girls because I have a boy and I always eye with envy all the choices little girls have.You can click on the images to view these images a bit bigger. I'm a big believer in going through your wardrobe and using what you have. However, if you are looking to add to your collection, I sourced all of the above from: Target , Old Navy, The Gap, and Gymboree. Here in Los Angeles there are great boutique designers making adorable clothes for kids, but I wanted to make this accessible and also realistic. At the end of the day most of us don't want to spend $50 on a t-shirt our kids will outgrow in two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails